Wednesday, January 20, 2016

ARE YOUR DREAMS REALLY WORTH IT?

Ok. we all have our dreams as to what it is we would like to see happen. And that is exactly the way it should be. Or should I say most of the time. I would challenge each of you to take an honest look at your dreams right now. Whatever they are maybe you should take a close look and see what it takes to achieve those dreams. I have found out that many folks who are trying to realize their dreams oft times go about it in such a way that they leave behind them much heartache, sorrow and damage to others. Take the person who is dreaming of one day becoming the CEO of a big company. That dream in itself is a good one I suppose. But the way they go about attaining that dream may include lying, cheating, and stepping on someone's toes in a big way. Or how about the person who dreams of material wealth? Again, that dream is a good one. But if he or she cheats others along the way to attaining his or her dreams I would say this. If a dream includes hurting others needlessly then that particular dream isn't worth having. I've seen time and time again people who have attained their dreams in a less than loving way. And you know what? Most everyone of them find that they are still very unhappy. I admit there are those folks who can somehow justify anything they did as being ok. So all the rubbish they leave behind in their search for fulfilling a dream just goes unnoticed by them. Instead they delude themselves with their own ego self and go around feeling like they have accomplished something really great. I would say to those folks, Some day, somehow, you are guaranteed to have to face your past demons. One day you will have to look into your "real" being and admit that you haven't done anything except add to the so called problems of this world. When the time does come and they cannot put any kind of "spin" on their actions that will be their Judgment Day. Like it or not, every day is Judgment Day. I am always working on myself to make sure that my personal dreams do not include harming anyone or anything. And just like all of us, I too will one day have to peer deep into my deepest part of my soul and then realize have my dreams been good ones or not. I suppose time will tell. So with much love intended may I ask each of you to just take a moment and look honestly at your dreams and then decide, Are they worth striving for, or should I go in a direction that doesn't include leaving destruction in my wake. My sincerest hope is that each of you will find that your dreams are truly worth pursuing. And that they may soon arrive on your doorstep. Give love, accept love, Be love, for that is truly all any of us are. Be good to yourself and even better to others!

4 comments:

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namaste brother Ron, another very beautiful post. Would it not be nice if all of us had the dream to become a more loving person. This would be a beautiful dream which surely could have no negative fallout.

I have noticed you and my dear brother Sito have managed to meet. To appreciate the full flavour if his amazing prose, I urge you to reach back into his archived posts. Sito has a very unique way of taking you into a story whereas you find yourself fully immersed in the moment, absolutely committed to the story characters.

In Lak' ech, prosper with joy... live with peace...

captron52 said...

Thanks Christopher. Yes, it would certainly be a wonderful world if everyone would decide to do their very best to become a more loving person. That is the goal I have set for myself...to be a more loving person each day. Granted I still have lots of work before me, but it is getting easier each day. To expect nothing but unconditional love from everyone I meet along the way actually simplifies my way of living. Just acceptance of everyone's way of thinking and doing. Now all I feel I need do is to keep my ego self in check and allow my Higher self to always have the final say so. Thankfully I am being given chances every day to work on this. As to our friend Sito I have already begun to read his works. I'm sure he has a lot of wisdom to share with all of us. As my circle of friendships grow I stop each day to just express the gratitude of having so many great friends such as yourself and Sito. I am truly blessed! And you my dear friend are always right there at the top of the blessing I count as mine! Thank you for taking time to mentor a novice such as I. Thank you!

Silentwhisper1 said...

I'm fine Cap.Thank you for checking in on me, I'm sorry I haven't been around.Been on twitter and pinterest.Love your writing as usual.Think about you often.Sometimes I really miss my writing friends, and know I should get myself back in to write.I write mostly in my head at night-in bed (funny how that is).Hope you and you're lovely family are doing well-all is well enough here-enjoying the grand-babies.Work also keeps me busy.I'm looking forward to spring-snow drops popping up around town already:) Take care my friend.I'll check to see what's up with my email.Maybe a virus is still in there.Does my blogs look normal yet? I changed the password.I sure hope so, please let me know.Lots of hugs your way my friend-to you all~

captron52 said...

Hello my dear Dee. thank you for stopping by. It always makes me smile and brings a warm feeling to my heart each time I talk with you. Glad you are feeling good. Know you have had a lot of stress lately. Your blog looks ok to me. As for the email I may not have the correct one for you but I will keep an eye out for you here. Hope the new week ahead brings you much love, peace, and joy! HUGS