Sunday, March 27, 2016

JUST HOW IMPORTANT ARE ANY OF US?

Todays quote is from Don Juan which appears in Castaneda's book, The Wheel of Time. It reads as follows:


Dwelling upon the self too much produces a terrible fatigue. A man in that position is deaf and blind to everything else. The fatigue itself makes him cease to see the marvels all around him.




I find this quote to be very interesting. As I look back in my past I have been surprised to find that my "EGO" self has been demanding to get everyone to listen to me. I have tried for way too long to be everybody's friend. Please don't get me wrong, I still try to treat everyone with as  much love and respect as I can. And I do love everyone. But for way too long I have felt it necessary to get others to see my point of view on things. Slowly I have learned that it is not my responsibility to "save" anyone, or to see that everybody does understand my position on things. And like the afore mentioned quote I have allowed my ego self at many times in the past to think it is something bigger than it is. Many years ago I had what I term---Saving the world syndrome---. Thankfully I have now learned that it is not up to me to "fix" anyone. If someone does get even a small dab of good from what I say or write about, then that is my intent. But now I realize my "acts" serve no purpose other than me following my heart. Like the quote says--it will wear a person out if he or she is constantly thinking and acting from the ego. And by focusing too much on one's self, well, that will quickly tire out anyone. So in my later years I have learned (and still learning) that all I need do is to follow my heart, do what I feel is best not only for myself but for everyone, and then just let it all go. As Don Juan taught, which I hope to discuss at a later date, after one sets his or her intent to any particular act and then carries out this deed , then they should not worry about whether the act itself was "good" "bad", or anything in between. He just lets it go and awaits for the next act that calls to him. I have come to find out that when I am able to live in this way, I do have plenty of opportunities to look at all the wonders that surround me daily. And as a result, I find myself way more energetic and much more happy. I feel one has to "own" all of their actions instead of placing blame or bad luck or anything else to it. It is ok to screw up just as long as one learns the lesson that his actions brought about. I now leave all of you wonderful folks with thoughts of pure unconditional love, perfect peace, and perfect enlightenment. May you do yourself a good deed by doing something nice for someone just because you can. Then you will know what it feels like to be part of the solution instead of being part of the problems this world faces. I bless you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Namaste brother Ron;

I remember this quote well, like you and I am sure many others, it caused me to pause, reflect, consider my own sense of over inflated self. I look forward to catching up with your writing, it's nice to be back on the horse. For tonight, I will have to leave wishing you all the very best. By the way, I noticed Lucky posted without photos, did you have a problem with them loading?

Your good friend;

Christopher...

In Lak' ech brother Ron, prosper with love... live with joy...