Wednesday, October 18, 2017

HERE'S AN IDEA

Would you like to really be happy for a change? I think most of us would. Well here is just a thought or two to think about. How about if we all just take a moment and decide to just distance ourselves from all the negativity fora bit and just live and let live. We all have our own personal opinions as to what we think everyone else should be thinking or doing. But what if we decided to allow everyone else the same freedom to do as they see fit without trying to push our belief system on them? Does that mean we have to agree with them? Or even to like what they are doing? No, we don't have to like it in the least. But we can still give them the right to have and express a different opinion than the one we have. And we can still love them no matter what it is they are choosing to do. We can remain true to our beliefs without trying to force anyone else to think or act as we do. If we do this does it mean we will be free from being adversely affected by others actions? No . I don't think it will. One thing I have learned is that other people are going to hurt our feelings a times. Those we love the most will at times cause us much heartache and tribulation. Ones we have never met will do the same by their actions also. People will fail to repay a debt to you, they will abandon you for reasons you may not fully understand, they may even treat you with hate, disrespect, or total disregard for you. But even so you still have the ability to just love them anyway. Does this mean you just turn your head when you see a wrong. No. Of course if you see a wrong you can maybe correct then by all means do it! If you see someone being mistreated and you can help then  by all means step in and do something. But just because someone may have a different opinion than yours please don't hate them and try to convince them they are wrong and you are right. Just step away from their drama and try not to let it affect you in a negative way. Because more times than not when you try to change anyone all you do is wind up immersed in their drama and the conflict becomes at times almost unbearable.It is human nature for us to believe that our "way" is the right way and that everyone else should agree with us.But it never works this way of this I am almost sure. I know it can be hard to do but if someone hurts you in any way just love them. Personally when I find myself in any conflict with another I just try my best to throw as much love into the situation as I possibly can. And you know what?  This has never failed to help me to step back, accept them as things are, and to remain in my state of being happy. Probably the greatest freedom I have ever discovered is when I realized I don't have to be "right". All I have to do is love everyone. It ain't always easy to do but I have found it is the only way I can truly be happy. I do hope the day will come when we all just decide to live as one and begin to treat each other with the love and respect we all deserve. My sincerest wish for each of you beautiful people is that love will be the Light you carry forth at each moment.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Great thoughts and much wisdom . It all boils down to the Golden Rule.

captron52 said...

I sure agree with that Alice. Thank you fr the visit. Much love to you and yours my friend

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Namaste brother Ronnie;

funny how life rolls out the door. The less we know, the more convinced we are that we cannot be wrong. The more we are wrong, the more ardently we try to share our sense of truth.

The more we know, the more convinced we are that we cannot be right. The more we are right, the more ardently we try to keep our sense of righteousness to ourselves.

In Lak'ech dear brother, prosper with knowledge... live with peace...

captron52 said...

As you already know Christopher, I know nothing! And I'd have it no other way my friend. Thanks for stopping by. Love to yours brother