Thursday, January 19, 2017

SOMEBODY JUST TELL ME TO SHUT UP

There are plenty of times in my experience when I try to explain what I am feeling to another human being,  the words just don't seem to want to come out right. I've lost count of the times that someone has misunderstood what I have said. And at times these misunderstandings have caused the other person to be angry or hurt with me. And most of the time I don't even know it! I admit the words I try to explain myself with can really seem to confuse rather than explain. So maybe I should just keep my thoughts to myself more often. But who really cares anyway? I was reading this morning from the book The Wheel of Time, and came across this quotation from don Juan Matus. Guess it about sums up the frustration I sometimes feel in trying to share my feelings with the world. The quote reads:


 The flaw with words is that they always make us feel enlightened, but when we turn around to face the world they always fail us and we end up facing the world as we always have, without enlightenment.. For this reason, a warrior seeks to act rather than to talk, and to this effect, he gets a new description where talking is not that important, and where new acts have new reflections.


So today I use only these words thinking they cannot possibly be misunderstood by anyone. But then again anything is possible. And the words I leave you with today is this: I truly do love all of you and wish you only the very best!


6 comments:

deepian said...

Words do have their place - but really, verbal language is a very imprecise way to communicate - especially English! Even the word "love" is grossly misunderstood by so many (including those who put dictionaries together). However, as souls we all have the ability to communicate by telepathy and the direct projection of feelings, which are much more accurate, as - unlike words - they are not susceptible to misunderstanding or deception. But also, as souls we choose to incarnate in this limited world where most people struggle with such subtle forms of communication - and indeed a great many do not even believe that we are souls or that these subtle forms of communication even exist... Animals and young children have no such issues however - indicating that it is the misguided programming of our (un)civilisation that shuts down our subtle senses and makes us so dependent on words. A great shame, I feel. But I guess we have to make the best of whatever means of communication we are left with...

namaste

captron52 said...

Hey Ian Great to see you brother. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us. I agree with you on this. Words can be confusing but feelings are usually spot on! Hope you and yours are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Namaste brother Ronnie;

interesting post, great quote from the master. For a while, I toyed with the idea of creating a new dictionary, something which clarified the essential spiritual words like love, soul, spirit, etc.

However, the dictionary only made sense to me. So I gave up on the idea.

Language is a beautiful expression. Perhaps, it is even more beautiful when we consider each of us have our own definitions. Fun conversations follow, when we respectfully discuss what simple words like 'love' mean to us as individuals.

With misgivings, do we blame the imprecision of the language. Or, do we take joy in sharing unique perspectives?

By the end of the day, it truly is our actions which speak the greatest volume as it relates to our true identity.

Thank you for sharing another interesting post brother.

In Lak' ech, prosper with words... live and love by actions...

captron52 said...

Hey Christopher I love the idea of your dictionary. That would be a great read. Our unique perspectives do indeed make for interesting conversation. Thanks for the visit and for sharing your thoughts. Much love to you and yours as always!

sito saguid said...

An interesting post indeed! Words often are imprecise to convey the feelings and ideas we have. This is probably why we have poets, musicians, painters, dancers, etc, who have found other means to communicate. I think what is important is not to get tired of trying to communicate. I always believe there will be somebody out there who will be able to properly discern what we meant and this person will in turn try to "reword" these meanings so that he can say these in his own way that others may also benefit ...
Thanks for sharing brother on ...

captron52 said...

Hi Sito Great to see you! Thanks for the visit and for sharing your thoughts with us. Much love to you and yours as always!