Friday, February 6, 2009

GLOBAL WARMING MY BUTT

If by chance anyone has wondered why I haven't posted in a week its because we have been without power for over a week. Finally got it back on around midnight tuesday. I live in Paducah Ky and we were rightin the middle of the ice storm that moved through Kentucky and other states a week ago tuesday. Our entire town and surrounding counties were completely ravished by the ice wind and snow. It blew trees down everywhere taking with it the power sources.The temps were in the low teens some nights and we managed to survive without any heat or lights all we had here at our house was cold water with o way to heat it. So juast finding a place to bathe and get warm was a real chore. I wont go into details but I will tell ya it sure makes me appreciate electricity all the more. And fortunately we didnt have any of the trees come thru our roof or even hit our house as far as that goes. So all in all I would consider us one of the lucky ones. My heart goes out to all those folks who still dont have any power and those who have major damage to their homes. In all this mess tho I did see other good people helping others out and it warms my heart to be reminded that there are more "good" people inthis world than "bad" ones. I hope all of you my dear friends and all others who may come by this blog were not involved in the storm and if so that everything is getting back to normal for you. I think we all should be mindful and keep in our prayers those who are having to deal with this mess. Take care my friends and God bless all of you.

No comments: