Saturday, September 24, 2011

COMFORTABLY NUMB

WHEN I WAS A CHILD I CAUGHT A FLEETING GLIMPSE OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE
I TURNED TO LOOK BUT IT WAS GONE I CANNOT PUT MY FINGER ON IT NOW
THE CHILD HAS GROWN THE DREAM IS GONE AND I HAVE BECOME COMFORTABLY NUMB
I love those lyrics from an old song by Pink Floyd! Every time I hear it I am reminded at just how easily one can slide into a life that is at best "comfortably numb" Hopefully myself and all of you are stilll able to keep the "dreams" alive in our experiences and can move past the "numbness" of this often times dark world.Sure hope all of you are enjoying a great weekend. Be safe "out there" and enjoy every minute of your experiences! And try to remember to do something nice for someone just because you can!"HUGS" to all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pink Floyd is one the BEST Bands ever and David Gilmour is a true MASTER of the guitar.

To BECOME AWARE that the whole body of HUMANITY IS AN ILLUSION, an utter fabrication, that the 3D experience, and the conjured up body of humanity, IS the veil of deceit that makes it utterly impossible to rationally conceive that it, humanity itself, is the deception keeping the disconnection from reality intact. This is what we must come to recognize.

We are already in our Paradise State!

We are already perfect, pure, eternal and ALL KNOWING. And WE are NOT this body of humanity, neither are we this 3D illusory mass of energy and spirit. We are WISDOM! We KNOW ALL! We have to learn NOTHING! If it wasn’t for the THOUGHT PROCESS that indoctrinates the elitists, that IT, the THOUGHT PROCESS itself has conjured up, we would be AWARE and PRESENT and completely reconnected to eternally drinking from the fountain of wisdom in our Paradise State. For we are the Paradise state!

E. M. Prokop said...

OMG Ron! I love Pink Floyd and Comfortably Numb is an all time favourite! What a fantastic song...I remember years ago my friends and I listening to Floyd long into the night sometimes, trying to decipher the lyrics...ah the memories!

captron52 said...

Thank you Dark Star for stopping by. Its always so nice to hear your thoughts. Hope you have an incredible week!

captron52 said...

Hello Eve So great to hear from you again. We must be kindred spirits!Pink Floyd was one of my all time favs. Their lyrics were so meaningful even if I didnt quite get "it" til I was much older.Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Chris Ledgerwood said...

Personally, I don't want to be comfortably numb! Thanks for the kick in the pants.