Monday, October 18, 2010

AMBITIONS

I suppose most , if not all, of us have at least a few ambitions in this life. And I do hope that yours are of a positive nature. As a child I had ambitions that now looking back seem so laughable. I wanted to be a football player(even tho I was a skinny little kid and not a lot of skill). Then I wanted to be an astronaut( even tho I had no idea how to get there) plus quite a few more. As I grew inot a young adult my ambitions changed drastically. Getting out on my own and working my ambition was to make lots of money(even tho I never tried to further my education). A little later on my ambition was to get marreid and have a family(I finally did that one, and its the best thing that ever happened to me). Now as I find myself in my late 50's my ambitions seem to have quietly disappeared for the most part. I've finally focused on just trying to become the very best human being I can. All the other stuff(except my family and friends and health) just dont seem to be very important now a days. I really do hope you wil find a way to make all your ambitions come true and that they will in turn help make you a better human being and that it will serve to make this life a little better for everyone. I want to leave you with a quote from my friend Betsy Otter Thompson's book called "Walking Through Illusion". On page 25 she states:"Cherish your ambitions. Then it won't matter in which direction you take them, the results will be enjoyable." Take care friends and remember to enjoy each moment!

2 comments:

Betsy Otter Thompson said...

What a nice piece! Lucky you, for your present ambition is full of so much satisfaction.

captron52 said...

Thanks Betsy for stopping by.Hope you are doing great!