Monday, February 22, 2010

PRAYERS--WHY AIN'T THEY WORKING

Do you ever pray for anything? I used to long ago. And I still do but its no longer a prayer where Im asking some higher deity somewhere afar from me. And my prayers no longer "ask" "beg" or "plead" for something great in my life. Personally I have finally arrived a the point where my prayers consist of saying thank you Great Spirit for all the blessings I have and will continue to have as I need them. I also do what the Science of Mind calls prayer "treatments', usually for other people I know and love. But I also do those prayers for all of us as a human congregation. And the amazing part is now that Ive changed my "way" of praying I find my prayers finally being answered, whereas before most times my desires I prayed for never seemed to come about. Why is this one may ask. Well I have my own opinion as to why but to put it simply I feel one must truly believe that whatever they are praying for is already manifest in the Universal Mind and that it will manifest in our "material" world when our faith is strong enough. As Mahatma Gandhi once said:"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." And also from the Science fo Mind page 431:The secret of prayer and its power in the outward life depends upon an unconditional faith in, and reliance upon this Inner Presence." My hope and "prayer" for all of you is that you can clearly see why prayer works and why it doesnt seem to a t times. Then one can go from that point on and watch seemingly "miracles" come raining down upon them on a daily basis. Be patient be strong and never gi e up hope y friends. Love to all of you.

1 comment:

captron52 said...

Hi Sarah
Thanks for stopping by!