Saturday, December 4, 2010

CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES CAREFULLY

How often do we spend our time in some silly battle of wills or wanting to be "right"? Too many I'm afraid! Seems to me many of us waste too much time fighting battles that aren't even worth winning. We keep our inner peace at bay by fighting, scratching, and clawing about things that in reality are so very very minor instead of allowing our inner peace to radiate out from us and gently touch everyone we encounter.Now I must admit there are some "battles" that we must fight the good fight over and see it through. But those battles should be chosen carefully lest we wind up expending needless energy that we should be saving for the times when we really need it. I just love this following quote from the Science of Mind. It states: We are over-concerned with non-essentials, straining at gnats, while swallowing mountains of superstition. I wholeheartedly agree with that writer very much. My hope for each of you is that you will encounter very few battles in your life and when you do you will have the wisdom to know whether it is a worthwhile battle or not. May each of you have a terrific weekend filled with much love peace and joy!

3 comments:

Breath-e said...

Lovely post. Did you know Buddhism was the main religion/philosophy of Samurai? Great warriors - knowledge is power, eh?

:)

Tim Koppenhaver said...

For me, the key is to find the balance between taking life as it comes and taking charge of things. I tend to take it as it comes most of the time. Too many people pick the wrong things to fight about.

captron52 said...

I didn't know that Sarah. And yes, I agree that knowledge is power.Hope yoiur weekend has been a good one!

Hey Tim. I agree that too many of us do pick the "wrong" things to do battle with. Hope your weekend was great