Tuesday, January 4, 2011

EXPRESS YOURSELF FREELY

Hi folks. So in what way did you express yourself today? Did you even think for a moment about how you were living your life? Or did you just kinda go on with everything in kinda like cruise control? Just another day? Or was it a very special day? Well, I believe that every day is very special even if I do sometimes forget that each moment is an incredibile opportunity for me to express myself in the way I wish to be seen. I sure don't strive for being famous or being a household name ( I prefer my privacy way too much to ever want to be famous) but yes, I do want people who know me to have some respect for the type of person I am. Am I ever completely satisified that I am doing all I can to fully express as a human being? I can't say for sure but I believe there is always a part of me that yearns for a bigger sense of fulfillment in this life. And I suppose that is the way it is suppose to be and that is what makes us strive to do more. I know from my past experiences as a writer that I never have felt completely satisified that I have written all that I was meant to do. There was a time when I wrote more often and tried harder to get my work published. I had moderate success at that but felt I never would want to put forth thte effort to become an accomplished author. And it was at that time in my life when I discovered that if "something" kept eating at me to write it down that until I followed that inner prodding I would not be left alone. I had a few inspirations to write and at the same time tried to ignore the feelings.But they would not leave me alone. Until I finally listened and heeded the call to write I was always feeling "incomplete" I suppose. Now years later I mostly write in my private journal(kinda like a form of self-therapy), or on my blog here.And I still find there are times when I try to "put off" writing on here just because I dont want to take the time to do it. But as the thoughts of inspiration come to me and say write this down I have found that it really helps if I listen to my "inner" voice and do what it says.So in that regard I guess I am expressing myself as a reluctant writer, an old hippie, and who knows what else. I always wished I could sing and play the guitar. I absolutely love blues music and Im just a little jealous wehn I hear those blues guitarist playing. Are you listening Chris? For those of youi who may wonder who Chris is well he is afriend of mine who plays a mean guitar and sings the blues and is the frontman of his own band. If you ever get a chance check out his blog and his band(Thrift Store Poets). I have another blogger friend Sarah who writes lovely fairy tales, a nephew who plays guitar, a brother who can draw or paint anything , a beautiful wife who is an artist in the kitchen, and I could go on and on as to the many ways friends and family are expressing each day.In a book called High Mysticism by Emma Curtis Hopkins she states: "We each of us have a work which is supremely ours and no other can accomplish this opus." How true. I firmly believe each of us have our own gifts to share with this world and my hope is that every one of you have already discovered your gift and are expressing it daily. If you happen to be someone who is still searching for your innate gift hang in there, listen to your inner voice and hopefully you will soon discover your true gift. And we should all remember that each moment, no matter what is happening in our lives, is another opportunity for us to share our gift witheach other. And One gift we all have and can giv e away freely is the gift of love so please share that gift often. I leave you with hope of peace, joy, love, and kindness fro you and yours now and always!

2 comments:

Chris Ledgerwood said...

I'm listening, thanks for the complimment

captron52 said...

You are more than welcome Chris