Monday, November 22, 2010

TO LOOK FOR SUPPORT OR TO OFFER SUPPORT

Well, we all need the support from others at times. I think there is no way around that for sure. We may say we don't need anything or anybody or their support but I really doubt if that is true. Now we can be our own biggest supporter in some things and we need to at times. But one of the greatest blessings we can do for others is to allow them to offer their support in any myriad of things we are trying to accomplish. There have been times in my life when I felt totally alone and unsupported by anyone including the Universe Itself! Now I realize those times were only short periods when I allowed the "darkness" to cover up my inner "light" because I know we are ALWAYS supported by the Loving Universe. We can lose sight of that fact from time to time but it in no way is it true. At least as I see things.Now, at this point in my life I find myself supported by many family members and friends and it helps to keep me strong in trying to become the best human being I possibly can. When we allow anyone to give us suppoprt in any way it not only helps us but it gives the other person satisfaction in knowing that they have done something good and worthwild for another human being. And for most of us that means a lot. The gift of giving is great in itself but the gift of receiving can be just a satisfying. In her book "Walking Through Illusion" Betsy Otter Thompson asks the following questions: "Do I imitate those who are happy, or only those who speak of happiness?"--"DO I live a satisfying life, or do I anticipate satisfaction down the road?"--Do I look for the best in people or do I look for the worse in people?" Good questions indeed! Betsy also shares the following quote: The soul who looks for support rarely finds it; The soul who offers support always does." My sincere hope for each of you is that your life is filled with a great support system made up of kind loving people who you care deeply about. And may you remember to not only accept support but to be a source of support for anyone who may find your help inspiring. I leave you now with hugs and thoughts of inner peace and joy to come your way now and forever.

No comments: