Thursday, January 21, 2010

BREATHE IN THE MOMENT

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.--Oprah Winfrey
How often do you think about every time you breathe? If you are like me not very often. Its just that automatic thing the body does to keep itself alive. About the only time I am aware of my breath is when Im having trouble breathing through my nose at night. And on those occassions when I go and practice my inner meditations which I admit I dont do often enough. But if one will stop and think and realize that this one breath right now is all that stands betweeen you and so called death. Now is the only time breath is important.That should be a reminder to all of us that all we really have in this human life is the one eternal moment before us now. And that then begs the question "What am I going to do with this one precious moment?" I sincerely hope all of us (myself included) will use this moment to bring a little light, love, peace,a nd joy into our world by doing something nice for someone else. Be brave, aim high with your thoughts and may the sun shine down your way!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

This has been on my mind for a while. Death is one of the most unpredictable moments in life, yet we always think we're so invincible. When my best friend died this past August, all I could think of were his last few breaths, thoughts, and feelings. What were they? Were they exactly as he would have wanted them to be, if he had known? These questions have influenced me to try to live in the moment, instead of mourning the past or dreading the future. It's time to actually understand just how important a breath is.
Thank you, Ronnie :)

captron52 said...

Hello Hannah Thanks for stopping by. Im so glad you agree with my post. I know your friends transition left you and his family and other friends ina state of shock. I can only hope at his moment of transition he felt secure in knowing that he had accomplished his mission here in this life. And yes,I truly do believe that every breath is a miracle in and of itself. Hope you have a wonderful weekend my dear!