Tuesday, January 19, 2010

THE LIGHT

How easy it would be to remain in darkness for the rest of our lives. By that I mean to continue to live our lives in the "darkness" of trying to be what someone else tells us we should be. Its also easier to just say we have no power over our lives than it is to face our own deep inner realities and take a really unbiased look at who and what we are. AN old proverb I once read somewhere( I think it was a chinese proverb) says--"the hardest path, I have discovered, Is the one that leads me back to myself." Now I can believe that with no trouble. I know just how hard it is to take a completely honest look at myself. No one really likes to admit they are wrong or that they need help or that they will never be perfect or a million other things.Sometimes its so easier to live in the dark rather than shine ones inner light on their soul for an inspection. But I truly feel that finding the courage to shine ones inner light out into this troubled world is a worthwhile goal for all of us. May your love light shine brightly now and forever. I will leave you now with a quote from Plato who said,"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men(and women) are afraid of the light."

No comments: